INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE
Fabricana understands that you care how your personal information is being used and shared. We appreciate that you trust us to care for that information. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will manage your personal information in accordance the B.C. Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable provincial or federal legislation.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Fabricana collects personal information from you when you interact with us or use the Site. We also collect some personal information from you automatically, which is addressed in more detail below.
In some cases, Fabricana may seek your consent for the use and disclosure of your personal information after it has been collected, but before it has been used or disclosed (e.g. where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you). We will not use or disclose your personal information for any new purpose without first identifying the new purpose and providing notice to you or obtaining your consent (as applicable), unless otherwise permitted by law.
You can always choose not to provide Fabricana with certain requested personal information, but then you may not be able to access or utilize all or part of the Site.
Information You Give Us
Account and profile information: we collect your personal information when you register for an account (“Account”) with Fabricana and when you create or modify your Account or user profile. This includes information such as your first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, username and password.
- Contact information: we collect your personal information when you contact Fabricana directly to inquire about the Site and/or our services and products. This may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other information that you choose to provide to us. For example, on the Site, we collect your name and e-mail address when you create an online account with us, when you complete the “Contact Us” form on the Site, when you give us your e-mail address to subscribe to our blog, or when you send us a message or inquiry.
- Payment information: we do not collect credit card information directly from Users. We use a third party payment processor, presently Authorize.Net, to handle payments for us. The third party service provider will receive your credit card information when you make a purchase on our Site.The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
www.fabricana.com is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
- Ratings, reviews and comments: we collect the information you include in any feedback you provide to Fabricana through the Site. This includes ratings, reviews, and photographs that you provide to Fabricana about a product or service, and comments that you submit on our blog posts. Ratings, reviews, comments and photographs that you submit on the Site may be published on the Site. You should be aware that personal information that you share in ratings, reviews, comments and photographs can be read, collected or used by other Users. Fabricana is not responsible for the personal information that a User chooses to make public in a rating, review, comment or photograph submitted on the Site.
- Contest and questionnaire information: we collect your name and e-mail address when you participate in contests and questionnaires that we may run or sponsor on the Site.
- Chat information: if you choose to communicate with one of our fabric experts using the online chat feature on the Site, we may collect any information that you disclose to us through such means.
- Other information: we collect any other personal information that you submit directly to Fabricana on a voluntary basis.
- Device information: we collect your IP address, web browser type, DNS node and operating system information.
- Technical and usage information: we collect information about the sections of the Site that you visit (e.g. web pages or products that you view), the date and time of your use of the Site, your actions within the Site (e.g. length of visit to certain pages, page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), Site crashes and other system activity (e.g. page response times, download errors), what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, methods used to browse away from the Site, and certain content that you download from the Site (e.g. pictures, DIY instructions, blog posts, free patterns).
- Cookies and tracking technology: we collect personal information when you access the Site via “cookies” and other similar tracking technologies.
We do not link any of the above information with information that is personally identifiable to you. We collect this data in an aggregate format for a number of reasons, including to understand the traffic on our Site, how it is used, and how we can improve it. We do not share this aggregate data with third parties except for the use of web analytics companies as described below.
Information from others
We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples of this would include updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we would use to correct our records.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fabricana may use the personal information that it collects from customers and users of the Site for the following purposes:
- Contact information: we use your contact information to contact and correspond with you directly about our relationship, and your use of the Site and/or our services. Fabricana may contact you to inform you about its services in different ways including by mail, email, telephone, or other means to which you have agreed. We may use your contact information to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested and to respond to customer service requests.
- Account and profile information: we use your Account and profile information to create and set up your Account and user profile, to administer your use of the Site and Fabricana services.
- Payment information: we use your payment information in order to facilitate purchases made through our Site.
- Ratings, reviews and comments: we use rating and review information to improve the Site and our products and services, including to administer and resolve technical issues on the Site. We may also use this information to investigate and address user concerns. In addition, we may use this information to suspend or deactivate the accounts of users.
- Contest and questionnaire information: we use personal information you submit for a contest in order to run the contest and to contact you if you are a contest winner. We use personal information you submit in response to a questionnaire to improve our products and services.
- Device, technical and usage information: we use this information to understand traffic and activity on the Site, and to enable us to improve the Site and our services. For example, this information helps us understand if the Site is compatible with your mobile device.
- Cookies and tracking technology: we use this information to track the activity of Site users on the Site, and to modify the Site to reflect a user’s preferences. Cookies enable our Site to save and retrieve information that you enter (for example, user preferences and settings). Cookies may remain on your device after you leave the Site (until the cookie expires or is deleted by you). You can disable cookies by adjusting the settings on your internet browser, however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to access some pages on the Site. We use other tracking technologies to understand how users use the Site. For example, we may use web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
In general, Fabricana may also use the personal information we collect:
- to ensure compliance with and identify violations of the Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to identify and prevent fraudulent activity and to protect security of the Site;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- to facilitate such other services and activities, as we may identify to you at the time.
If you provide us with your e-mail address and “opt-in” to receiving messages from us via the e-mail address provided, you may receive electronic communications from us from time to time. These electronic communications will provide you with our contact information and a method to opt-out and unsubscribe from receiving marketing information and/or any further communications from us. You can also opt-out of receiving further communications from Fabricana by contacting the Privacy Officer at the details below. Fabricana may use your e-mail address to communicate with you regarding important matters, such as information about your Account and information about products or services that you have purchased. You may not opt-out of receiving communications required by law, or necessary to provide you with requested services.
Fabricana will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was originally collected, or for a use consistent with that purpose, unless you expressly consent otherwise or it is permitted or required by law.
Sharing Your Personal Information
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share certain personal information with third-party providers with whom Fabricana has contracted to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include order processing, delivering packages, sending postal mail and electronic mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, payment processing.
The third party service providers will have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are only provided the limited amount of information required to perform their services. When Fabricana uses third party service providers, it requires the providers to protect your personal information in accordance with the law and with the same or more stringent security and privacy standards than Fabricana. Any such disclosure of your personal information by Fabricana to a third party service provider will be conditional upon the information being used solely for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
Finally, we may also disclose your personal information where authorized or required by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to comply with a subpoena, in response to a law enforcement body with the lawful authority to obtain the information, pursuant to an investigation into the breach of a law, or to our legal counsel.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fabricana takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We use security arrangements to protect against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, and disposal, in a manner appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. As well, Fabricana will use care when destroying or disposing of personal information to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of any personal information. Fabricana’s employees and independent contractors with access to personal information are required to respect the confidentiality of such information.
CORRECTION AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All personal information in your Account and user profile is accessible by you. You can make changes to certain personal information that Fabricana holds about you, such as your contact information, by editing the information in your Account. You are responsible for keeping the personal information in your Account up to date and accurate.
You can challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information in the possession and control of Fabricana. In appropriate circumstances, Fabricana will amend the information. It is your responsibility to provide any updates to your personal information to Fabricana in writing.
You may request access to your personal information and/or correction of that information by contacting Fabricana in writing at the contact information noted below, with sufficient detail to enable Fabricana to identify the personal information being sought. When you contact Fabricana, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity and the nature of the information being sought.
After we receive your request for access to personal information, Fabricana will provide you with an estimate of when you can expect a response. In some cases, Fabricana may need additional time to respond to a request, in which case we will provide you with written notice of the extension. Please note that in some cases, Fabricana may not provide access to personal information that we hold about you, such as where the denial of access is authorized by law. There are also cases where Fabricana may be legally required to refuse access to personal information. If Fabricana denies your request for access to personal information, we will advise you of the reason for the refusal, and will provide the name, title, and contact information of the designated person who can address the refusal.
Fabricana may charge a reasonable fee according to the cost required to retrieve and provide access to the requested information. We may provide an estimate of the fee in advance and in some cases, will require a deposit for all or part of the fee.
Information collected by Fabricana is maintained in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and Fabricana’s retention policies and practices.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
Mailing Address: Fabricana Imports Ltd., Attn: Privacy Officer, 105-8128 River Way, Delta, BC, V4G 1K5
Fabricana takes any complaint about our privacy practices seriously. Fabricana will investigate all complaints. If Fabricana finds a complaint justified, we will take the necessary steps to resolve it. The complainant will be informed of the outcome of the investigation regarding any complaint. If you are not satisfied with Fabricana’s response to a complaint, you may have options to exercise various complaint procedures, including with the relevant Privacy Commissioner or regulatory authority.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
Last updated: May 12, 2020